Final Programmatic Report on the Southeastern Arizona Grasslands Pronghorn Initiative
The goal of the initiative is to increase Pronghorn population numbers, distribution, and connectiveness. To accomplish that goal, the strategy included the following six actions:
1) Maintain and improve water distribution of water sources available year-round for pronghorn.
2) Protect and improve habitat conditions, fawning cover, and available forage for pronghorn.
3) Maintain and improve pronghorn travel corridor connectivity through cooperation with land management agencies and private or other landowners.
4) Actively treat and maintain grasslands that have experienced tree and shrub encroachment.
5) Monitor and increase pronghorn population abundance, distribution, and demographics.
6) Increase collaborative relationships and opportunities to increase pronghorn population abundance, distribution, and demographics.